Sunday, April 7, 2013

Just a little snow.

We had some snow on Friday. Just a bit. It made the grass look like it might have an icy crust, but I didn't test it out.

We've been damp all weekend. It's rained off and on. The News just said we're expecting at least an inch, and I heard something (I wasn't really listening) that we might have snow again later this week.

I am sure we are going to get one more whammy storm before we can call an end to it. I don't have any great insight beyond living here for so long. We always have to have weather in September that is really, really hot. In January, we get a warm spell, that seems strange. In February, it gets really, really cold for about a week. In April, it snows. This is how we do, as the young people say. But we haven't gotten a big snow - 2 inches at least - this month.

I've been making a concerted effort to leave the seedlings alone. I've done damage just moving things around. I'm still concerned about the shallots and garlic. In the next few days, I'm going to move them to bigger containers. I don't want to hold them back already.

I never did get to the reading I'd planned on. I've been in a cycle of excessive sleep, pain, and numb hands. The pain and numbness is definitely related to weather - when the barometric pressure drops, joints have a chance to swell up and things in joints move around to places they wouldn't be and using joints is harder. Gravity and atmospheric pressure are your friends. I go through sleep marathons from time to time, but I don't know why. Oh, and hungry. I've been ridiculously hungry lately. I can't seem to keep full. I've even woken up to get food, drink a bunch, and get back to sleep within 1/2 hour.

So, I've got a jaw-cracking yawn going on and I have got to eat something.

No comments:

Post a Comment