Monday, March 18, 2013

And 72 more...

I've just washed my hands from planting my second 72-cell starter.

This set is acorn, butternut, and luffa squash, Asian cucumber, rosemary, sweet basil, leeks, green onions, sage, spearmint, green beans, and yellow pear tomatoes, and peas-in-a-pot.

The greenhouse is working great. Now that I've got the lights inside the plastic covering and everything is all zipped up, the humidity is up and it's warmer in there than the room. I have one incandescent bulb with clear glass (it's really bright) and two compact florescent. There's nothing special about that combination, it's just what I had around the house. They're all part of a single pole lamp, but instead of having to turn on each light individually, I have all of them "on" and I've used an extension cord with a tap foot switch to turn it off and on without opening the cover.

The lettuce has been following the light all day. I love to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment