Monday, March 18, 2013

sucked in

I decided to buy more seeds today. Holyheck. I went to Wagner's (I joined their membership club this year) and went through the seed packets just tossing them in my basket. I spent $25 on seeds, which kind of shocked me. But, I got seed catalogs this year and the cost in the catalogs is more than the retail price for the same and I don't have to pay shipping.
$25 in seeds is going to get me a whole lotta food, so I don't have much to complain. I guess $25 seems like a lot to spend all at once.

I need to start these new seeds and I've already used up my 72-cell starter. So I bought another one. At Target. It was $7.99. Last year, I bought the 72 cell self-watering doohicky. It was $20. So I'm justifying my $7.99 too.

I rearranged the lighting that I've got going for the greenhouse so that I can zip the plastic cover closed completely.

I noticed the lettuce mix, wheat grass, and oat grass are sprouting already. 2 days. So much fun! I like growing things.

I checked with a few more lobby stalkers - cauliflower, lemon basil, and spinach have been requested. A head of cauliflower was $1.89 at the store tonight. I think I'll skip that. Too much space for too little out-put. The others are a go (I already have the seeds).

No comments:

Post a Comment